Assisted living homes in Virginia involve many people with different roles. Your medical team and nursing care attendants help you prevent, heal, and control medical conditions.
Meanwhile, your caregivers are tasked to follow your treatment and home care plan and apply what measures are necessary to maintain healthfulness.
But what about medical social workers? What can they do as part of home care services in Stafford, Virginia?
Social workers in the medical sector can help patients a lot financially, emotionally, spiritually, and more. Here are some of the services they can do for you:
- Work with your insurance company to receive prior authorizations for post-acute care needs (rehab, medications, equipment, etc.)
- Assist with transportation back to your home or your next place of care.
- Set you up with a caregiver for your follow-up care.
- Refer you to mental and behavioral health counseling services to help with issues like anxiety, depression, and addiction.
- Connect you with community resources to provide you with basic needs and security, such as clothing, food, etc.
Medical social assistance can be part of your Senior Care plan. And we at UPRISING HEALTHCARE SERVICES LLC are here to deliver such services.